Distance learning allows students, instructors, and course content to be located in different locations, enabling learning to occur asynchronously (independent of time and instructor) or synchronously (at a present time with instructor involvement). Our distance learning courses can stand-alone, or be used in combination with traditional classroom-based courses, or with separate skill labs/assessments. This flexibility of mixing distance learning courses with physical on-site activities is referred to as blended (hybrid) learning.
We offer two distance learning options for Fundamentals of Fire Fighter Skills, Second Edition, including:
1. JBCourse Manager
Jones and Bartlett Publishers has developed a powerful Fire Fighter learning management system, JBCourse Manager, powered by Moodle. Combining our robust teaching and learning materials with an intuitive and customizable learning platform, instructors can create an online course quickly and easily with JBCourse Manager.
The system allows you to:
- Customize pre-loaded content or easily import new content
- Provide online testing
- Offer discussion forums, real-time chat, group projects, and assignments
- Organize course curriculums and schedules
- Track students progress, generate reports, and manage training and compliance activities
JBCourse Manager is FREE to adopters of Fundamentals of Fire Fighter Skills, Second Edition.
To learn more about JBCourse Manager, click here.
To take an online tour of the features offered by JBCourse Manager click here.
Contact your sales specialist for details today.
FireLearn is a series of online modules that brings fire fighter materials to life with Flashâ„¢ animation and narration. The modules cover the entire spectrum of the NFPA 1001: Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications. Students can master cognitive and didactic portions of fire fighter training online while completing hands-on skills requirements on-site with an instructor. FireLearn can be used:
- As a complete distance learning course for fire fighter training.
- As an interactive workbook to supplement what students have learned in class.
- For continuing education or refresher training.
Click here to learn more.